Wednesday, 16 July 2008

A Few Matters of Unimport, on a Quick Post

Some thoughts and news.

1) Ciaran, my Irish drinking/overnight train buddy from Spain, reprimanded me via Facebook last night (after reading this blog) for not writing about a crucial part of our evening together in San Ssbastian. Now I do vaguely recall the ebullient two hours of singing Joni Mitchell and bits from the soundtrack of O Brother Where Art Thou and some weird Irish folk song about a lake, on the steps facing the beach while Clare snogged and awkwardly petted her young prey beside us. Funny.

2) I have a research paper due Monday, so this is a big work week for me. I will be clocking in some major hours in the Bodleian. Anyone with insights to share on Enobarbus' position as unlikely tragic hero in Shakespeare's Antony and Cleopatra is requested to come forward with your brilliance and/or other pearls of wisdom in general.

3) Sara's husband Clay came to our side of the pond jet-lagged yesterday, and it's going to be so fun having him here this week (especially since we already well know and love him-- he graduated Breadloaf last summer). And guess what he brought me? A freaking awesome bag of Peppermint Patties. (Thankfully, because I went through the bag Liz brought me in five days.) How bomb are my friends?

4) After many days of rest, I went for a run yesterday in Christ Church Meadow, but remembered to stretch, ice, and pop two Advil afterward, and now my knees don't hurt at all. I am walking around painless. Holla.

5) Every time I pass a gargoyle on one of my walks around town, I think of my friends back home. I don't quite know why, but I think it has something to do with the fact that it makes me feel like you guys are making this face back at me:



Miss you guys.

2 comments:

Sara Gahan said...

Love this post! and LOVE YOU!!!

Sara Gahan said...

Love this post--and LOVE YOU!!